If you’re always on the hunt for a newsworthy angle; have established media networks; consider yourself to be a whiz with the written word and are a stickler for punctuation and grammar – then this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
Esri Australia, the nation’s leading spatial technology specialist, has a rare opening within its dynamic Marketing and Communications team – for a dynamic Media & Public Relations Specialist.
Based in Brisbane, we require you to utilise your industry networks and connections to deliver effective media and PR campaigns across Australia and manage the company’s media agency workload to support the department’s efforts.
Role and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Marketing Communications Manager, you will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of an innovative PR strategy for the Esri Australia group.
This position will see you tasked with overseeing the group’s expansive media program which includes duties, such as:
- Sourcing story angles and developing pitches.
- Writing and editing a large volume of media releases.
- Working with global subject matter experts to achieve press coverage.
- Managing the workload delivered from a supporting external PR agency.
- Growing media and industry networks to enhance coverage received.
- Meeting minimum required KPIs for ASR, as well as overseeing the monitoring and reporting of PR metrics.
- Providing media advice and support to a broad range of internal stakeholders.
- Hosting press conferences and media calls with partner/cleint involvement
A talented wordsmith, your strong writing and editing skills will also see your role extend at times beyond PR to include commercial communications tasks, such as:
- EDM campaigns.
- Presentation abstracts.
- Awards nominations and speech writing.
- Direct mailers.
- Website copy.
- Social media content.
This is a challenging position operating in a high-performance, professional work environment – so you’ll need to be self-driven, operate autonomously and be exceptionally organised.
Qualifications and experience:
To be considered for this opportunity you must have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and have a minimum of three years’ experience working as a journalist or an in-house corporate media and/or public relations role.
- A proven track record of planning and delivering successful media campaigns.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills are essential, as is a proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- An extablished network of key media industry contatcs.
- A strong attention to detail, and excellent grammar, editing and proof reading skills.
- Experience in the management of a supporting PR agency contract will be highly regarded.
- A willingness to work outside of standard hours as required for media opportunities, and have the ability to travel interstate, if required.
How to apply:
If you can picture yourself working as Esri Australia’s Media & Public Relations Specialist then forward your resume with a cover letter, addressing the selection criteria.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Leandro Casas, by phone on (07) 3218 0448.